Table of ContentsToggle
Sarina Wiegman, Emma Hayes, and Pep Guardiola Among Nominees for Best Fifa Coach Awards 2023
- Sarina Wiegman (England Women’s National Team)
- Emma Hayes (Chelsea Women’s Manager)
- Pep Guardiola (Manchester City Men’s Manager)
The prestigious Best Fifa Coach awards are back again in 2023, with a stellar list of nominees. Leading the pack is Sarina Wiegman, who took home the women’s award last year after guiding the England Lionesses to victory in Euro 2022.
Sarina Wiegman has not only made it to this year’s shortlist but was also named Uefa women’s coach of the year in August – an incredible achievement! Joining her on this highly-competitive list are two other exceptional coaches.
- Emma Hayes: The mastermind behind Chelsea’s success, she secured victories in both the Women’s Super League and FA Cup last season. Despite leaving Chelsea at season end to take over as head coach of United States’ national team, her accomplishments speak volumes about her coaching prowess.
- Jonatan Giraldez: An emerging talent, Giraldez has made a mark as the coach of Barcelona women’s team. His tactical brilliance and ability to lead his squad to great heights have earned him a well-deserved spot on this prestigious shortlist.
The men’s category is equally competitive, with three exceptional coaches vying for the top honor.
- Pep Guardiola: Having led Manchester City to an impressive Treble last season – winning the Premier League, FA Cup, and their first-ever Champions League title – Guardiola has left a lasting impact on English football. His unique approach to the game and relentless pursuit of excellence make him a strong contender for this esteemed accolade.
- Simone Inzaghi: As Inter Milan’s manager, Inzaghi played an instrumental role in their success during the past season. Leading them to win Serie A was no small feat, firmly placing Inzaghi among Europe’s top coaching talents.
- Luciano Spalletti: Napoli had an outstanding campaign under Spalletti’s guidance. The Italian manager brought them back into contention at both domestic and international levels. With his strategic mindset and motivational skills, he is certainly deserving of this recognition.
The winners will be revealed during a highly anticipated ceremony set to take place on Monday, 15 January in London. Football enthusiasts around the world eagerly await these results that recognize excellence in coaching from August 2022 until August 2023 for women’s football and December 2022 until August 2023 for men’s football.
Best Goalkeeper Nominees:
- Mary Earps (England Women’s National Team): The talented goalkeeper has been shortlisted for the Best Women’s Goalkeeper award, showcasing her exceptional skills and contribution to England’s success on the field.
- Ederson (Manchester City Men’s Team)
The Best Fifa Coach awards bring together the brightest coaching talents from around the world. Sarina Wiegman, Emma Hayes, and Pep Guardiola are just a few of this year’s nominees who have made significant impacts in their respective teams and leagues. As we eagerly await the winners’ announcement, it is clear that these coaches have left an indelible mark on football history through their strategic brilliance and ability to inspire greatness within their players.
- Napoli dismiss Walter Mazzarri and appoint Slovakia’s Francesco Calzona as new manager
- Assessment of all 20 teams’ performances in the Premier League at mid-season by Phil McNulty
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumors: Haaland and Mbappe Linked with Moves, Gallagher Impresses, Solanke on the Radar, Dier and Martial in Question, Bergwijn and Kilman Considered