Midfielder Caroline Seger Set for Fifth Women’s World Cup Appearance
In a stunning announcement, Sweden has included midfielder Caroline Seger in their squad for the upcoming Women’s World Cup. This will be her fifth appearance at this prestigious event. With over 230 appearances under her belt, the Rosengard player is Europe’s most capped player and an experienced veteran on the field.
The Head coach Peter Gerhardsson has named seven of his best players from the Women’s Super League to join him in Australia and New Zealand. The likes of Stina Blackstenius and Lina Hurtig from Arsenal and Zecira Musovic and Johanna Rytting Kaneryd from Chelsea are among them.
Fridolina Rolfo, who recently scored Barcelona’s winning goal during the Champions League final matches earlier this month, will also represent Sweden at her second World Cup outing.
- Tove Enblom (KIF Orebro)
- Jennifer Falk (Hacken)
- Zecira Musovic (Chelsea)
- Jonna Andersson (Hammarby)
- Nathalie Bjorn (Everton)
- Magdalena Eriksson (Bayern Munich)
- Amanda Ilestedt (PSG)
- Hanna Lundkvist(Atletico Madrid) Anna Sandberg (Hacken)
- Linda Sembrant(Juventus)
- Filippa Angeldahl(Manchester City)
- Kosovare Asllani(AC Milan)
- Hanna Bennison(Everton)
- Elin Rubensson(Hacken)
- Johanna Rytting Kaneryd(Chelsea)
- Olivia Schough(Rosengard)
- Caroline Seger(Rosengard)
- Stina Blackstenius(Arsenal)
- Rebecka Blomqvist(Wolfsburg)
- Lina Hurtig(Arsenal)
- Sofia Jakobsson(San Diego Wave)
- Madelen Janogy(Hammarby)
- Fridolina Rolfo(Barcelona)
The team is in Group G along with South Africa, Italy and Argentina. The competition this year promises to be fierce as the world’s finest female football players compete for the ultimate prize.