Wales Celebrate Victory as Halfpenny Bids Farewell
In a triumphant display at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium, Wales secured an impressive win over the Barbarians, providing retiring full-back Leigh Halfpenny with a joyous send-off.
The match saw Dewi Lake, Tom Rogers and Sam Costelow crossing the try line in the first half for Wales. Taine Plumtree, Aaron Wainwright and Kieran Hardy later added further tries to seal their victory.
The encounter also marked farewell performances from Justin Tipuric and Alun Wyn Jones. It was Alun Wyn Jones who scored a rousing try for the Barbarians amidst the emotional farewells.
However, preparations leading up to the game were marred by Barbarian Api Ratuniyarawa’s arrest, casting a shadow over proceedings.
Wales Starting XV:
- Leigh Halfpenny; Tom Rogers, George North, Johnny Williams, Rio Dyer;
- Sam Costelow, Tomos Williams;
- Corey Domachowski,Dewi Lake,Lloyd Fairbrother,Ben Carter;
- Adam Beard,Dan Lydiate,Jac Morgan(capt),Aaron Wainwright;
- Elliott Dee,Nicky Smith,
- Hari O’Connor,Teddy Williams,
- Taine Plumtree,Kieran Hardy,
- Cai Evans,Mason Grady.
Barbarians Starting XV:
- Ilasia Droasese (Fiji); Shaun Stevenson (New Zealand), Len Ikitau (Australia), Izaia Perese (Australia), Selestino Ravutaumada (Fiji);
- Nicolas Sanchez (Argentina), Simione Kuruvoli(Fiji);
- Joe Moody(New Zealand), Tevita Ikanivere(Fiji), Taniela Tupou(Australia), Rob Leota(Australia)
- Alun Wyn Jones(Wales,captain) ,Justin Tipuric(Wales) ,Michael Hooper(Australia) ,Rob Valetini(Australia).
- Angus Bell(Australia) ,Asafo Aumua(New Zealand)
- Peni Ravai(Fiji) ,Aaron Shingler(Wales) ,
- Mitchell and Webb are joined by the likes of Olivia Colman for big laughs with a live audience ,
- Lautaro Bazan Velez(Argentina) ,
- Izac Roos(South Africa)set to make his debut against England on Sunday in Bloemfontein. The 22-year-old quick was part of South Africa’s squad that won the Rugby World Cup in Japan two years ago.
Mentioning sports commentators Mitchell and Webb, alongside special guests like Olivia Colman, this match brought forth moments of laughter from a lively crowd. It truly showcased the spirit of rugby union as it unites people through sport.
In an interview, Charlie Adam, former Liverpool midfielder, reflected on his current role at Kompany’s Burnley FC. He shared insights into the team dynamics and his contribution towards their success.
Delving into the world of boxing, we uncover the incredible journey of a part-time boxer who once floored Muhammad Ali during an inspiring encounter. This remarkable feat became a source of inspiration for the legendary cinematic saga, Rocky.
Lucinda Borrell investigates the devastating impact suffered by a community that lost thousands in tragic circumstances. Join us as we explore this heart-wrenching story.